Unlock the door to your dream home with an APS Home Loan. Our highly knowledgeable team is eager to assist you throughout your journey with us and provide you with the personal attention and step-by-step guidance you deserve.
We are committed to providing you with a tailor-made home loan, ensuring you find the perfect fit for your needs. Our home loan can be used to:
✓ Buy a plot of land and build your new home
✓ Furnish a new home, whether built from scratch or purchased in shell form
✓ Purchase a finished property
✓ Renovate or upgrade your current property
✓ Buy a second property or summer residence
✓ Re-finance your home loan from another bank
Why choose APS Bank
Our expert team will guide you every step of the way
We are committed to providing quick response times to any queries
One of our professionals will be assigned to you
We do our utmost to ensure that the approval process takes the shortest time possible
Switch to an APS Home Loan for free
No processing or legal fees and very attractive interest rates. Need we say more? It is never too late to become another one of our satisfied customers.
Fixed Interest Rate Home Loan
We understand that purchasing a home can put quite a strain on your finances - especially in the first few years. Put your mind at ease with our Fixed Interest Rate Home Loan. This solution eliminates any concerns you may have about interest rate inflation, as it guarantees a consistent interest rate for the first 1 to 5 years of the loan term. You can choose the fixed interest rate term – between 1 year, 3 years and 5 years - depending on your needs. After the fixed interest rate term, a variable interest rate will apply for the rest of the loan’s repayment period.
For further information on the fees on our lending products, always refer to our Tariff of Charges available here.
Book an appointment
"*" indicates required fields
Enrich Your Less Stress Home Loan Journey
Home Loan Packages
Representative example of a Home Loan
On a fully utilised Fixed Interest Rate Home Loan (FIRHL) of €150,000 at a fixed borrowing interest rate of 2.45% per annum for the first 60 months and a variable borrowing interest rate of 2.90% per annum and for the remaining 420 months, the Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) will be 2.95% per annum.
The loan would be repayable in 60 equal monthly instalments of €494, followed by 420 equal monthly instalments of €528 over a 40-year time period. Therefore, the total sum payable throughout the term of the loan will be €251,415 being
- €150,000 capital
- €101,265 interest
- €150 booking fee
The total sum payable throughout the term of the loan of the fixed rate was not available would be €255,278 (no booking fee is charged for Variable Rate Home Loan). Thus, the FIRHL rate could result in savings of up to €4,014.00 in interest.
All Home Loans are subject to the final approval from your APS servicing branch.
Assumptions in the APRC calculation
The assumptions in the above APRC calculation are based on the following:
- The consumer lending bank base rate (currently at 2.25%) remains unchanged during the period of the loan.
- The facility is utilised in full within the first 3 years after being sanctioned.
- A processing fee (25% of the loan amount) will be collected at the time of issuing the sanction letter and will be refunded at the time of signing the contract.
- Bank legal fees (0.325% of the loan amount + VAT) will be waived for first time home buyers.
- The consumer has the right to pay the loan in full or in part before the agreed . In case of FIRHL a management fee of 1% is charged on the extra payments (excluding 6 repayments) if loan is paid during the fixed term period (this case 5 years).
- In the eventuality that the loan is either fully repaid or reduced by an amount equivalent to or greater than 30% of the sanctioned home loan limit within the first 3 years, Refunded/Waived Bank fees will become due.
- No loan prepayments are done during the first 60 months and the loan is repaid as scheduled for the full duration of the facility.
- The credit agreement is to remain valid for the period agreed between the Bank and the consumer, and that both parties will fulfil their obligations under the term and by the dates specified in the credit agreement.
- The APRC calculation is based on the total cost of the credit to the consumer, expressed as an annual percentage of the total amount of credit.
The worked example does not include the following items since such costs cannot be determined in advance:
- A life assurance policy covering the amount of the facility and a building replacement policy which are to be pledged in favour of the Bank.
- Periodic updating of searches where such fees would incur Public Registry and Lands Registry fees
Life and property insurance are obligatory in order to obtain the loan. The loan is to be secured by a first ranking general and special hypothec and special privilege over the property being financed in Malta, a first ranking pledge over a life assurance policy covering the whole loan amount and a buildings insurance policy for the replacement cost of the property being end-financed. In the event of non-observance of the terms and conditions, including non-adherence to the loan repayments, the bank may take steps to sell the property financed, following legal proceedings, and you may lose the property.
APS Bank plc is regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority as a Credit Institution under the Banking Act 1994 and to carry out Investment Services activities under the Investment Services Act 1994. The Bank is a participant in the Depositor Compensation Scheme established under the laws of Malta. Applications are subject to the Bank’s lending criteria. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request.